We're glad you're here and can't wait to share and interact with you. But remember that other people aren't just avatars with border radius (sorry for that :p), they are real people that you might hurt or offense if you don't care enough. If you can't play nicely, we'll take your ball and send you home. Or at the very least, delete the offending post. Repeat offenses and you will be banned for sure. Should we be more specific?
- Be polite. It never hurts to be nice, and you'll be much more likely to get a useful response when you're civil.
- Be genuine. You can use your real name or a comfortable pseudonym--just act like yourself. Don't hate or imitate.
- Have fun. Put on your comfy pants, and make yourself at home.
- Think, then speak. We like people who are curious, eager, and creative. Have a comment? Got a question? Post it. Someone else is wondering the very same thing.
- Consider Godwin's Law in effect. First to violate it loses, and the conversation is over.
You should not
- Use inappropriate language or provide links/trackbacks to obscene or inappropriate content. This includes using obscenities as well as being just plain mean.
- Defame an individual or group, or violate any trademarks or copyrighted material.
- Upload or link to viruses or other malicious code.
- Encourage or advocate illegal activity or propose illegal activity.
- Violate the privacy of others.
- Promote commercial services or products.
- Trolling and feed the trolls.